What is Gifted Instruction?
- Good teaching strategies
- Critical & creative thinking
- Authentic and culturally relevant pedagogy
- Content enrichment
- Group and individual learning experiences
- Peer level learning
- Gifted instruction begins in kindergarten.
- Every teacher is required to obtain a gifted endorsement.
- Every student receives gifted instruction in their classroom.
- Every classroom is a modified Gifted self-contained model.
- understanding of broad-based issues, themes, or problems within interdisciplinary and multicultural contexts
- independence, self-direction, and skills in group processes
- creative and productive aptitudes
- critical and higher level thinking skills
- risk-taking, curiosity, imagination, and enjoyment of complex challenges
- convergent and divergent cognitive abilities
- acceptance of and value for human differences
- Students who qualify for GATE will be offered Tully as a GATE option.
- Students who do not qualify for GATE may request open enrollment through the Magnet plan.
- Neighborhood students may attend Tully through the normal TUSD boundary guidelines.